Posts tagged with meta
As you may or may not have noticed, I've refreshed my blog. It now runs on Django 1.0 and has a simpler layout.
In the process I've managed to break my feeds, resulting in giving everyone doubly-escaped content. Sorry about that!
This would make a good movie title, I think.
Anyway, my blog is back up, having survived a 3-day downtime due to a huge explosion in a datacenter.
Luckily, nothing was lost, thanks to Webfaction's automated backup which worked reliably.
Following up to the part 3 of my series about implementing a multilingual interface for this blog, I now present the things to make the language-magic happen: Middleware and context processors.
I just updated the django code to the latest revision, and a whole host of errors broke up...
I fell into the obligatory problem where non-public items leak out to public feeds. Sorry to everyone, I've updated the feed.
As I wrote in the two previous posts, I wanted the URLs of this site to contain the language the content is in. To do this, I had to write some custom code, including models, managers, middleware and context processors.
Designing URLs for international content can be tricky. I explore the possibilities and use cases, and a clear pattern emerges.
When using the django web administration page to add blog posts, it's nice to be able to preview the post to catch layout glitches, typos and markup issues. The best way to do this is to have a preview page.
From the start, I was interested in making the content posted here available in two languages: Greek and English. This is no small feat, and I thought long and hard on how to make it possible and get it working just the way I like it. So here is a rundown of how internationalization works on this blog.
Επιτέλους αποφάσισα να φρεσκάρω το blog μου - νέος σχεδιασμός, νέες λειτουργίες, με 1 λέξη κα-τα-πλη-κτι-κο (και ελπίζω όχι πληκτικό :)
I've finally managed to refresh my blog - new design, new functionality, oh my! I hope you like it :)